My tio (uncle) Raul came down to West Palm Beach (about 1 :15 mins south from our home) for a poetry competition. Nick and I got to drive and watch him perform. We had a lovely lunch at a delicious mexican food place, then it was off to Roxy's for the poetry to begin! It was really neat to see our first amendment put to use in such a direct way. My tio and his team (Slamarillo) did a really good job and made it to the team finals. Way to go Tio!! :)
2 comments:
Oooh! A poetry contest...I love that, it's right up my alley, lol. I'm glad you got to see tio Raul! I love how in your blog you say you ate at a delicious mexican restaurant and in my blog I say it's disgusting, haha.
Congratulations to your Tio! How awesome that it was close enough for ya'll to go and experience the competition with him! Neato! I too thought it was funny how differently you and Nikki expressed your Mexican restaurant experiences! :)
Post a Comment