Our chicks are doing great! We still have all 8 of them growing by the day! Because our number of birds had reached 14, and we are only allowed 6.... we had to think of a way to get rid of some. I have become very attached to all of our girls so, eating them was not an option. Also, I wanted to make sure that they would be taken to a good place, so we found an organic farm here in Vero that would take them. We decided to give away the 3 Bardrock medium chicks, and Noodleputz (one of the big girls). We chose these girls because they were a little off and they weren't as friendly as the chicks. Saying our good bye's were a bit difficult. We had raised the medium chicks and had many adventures with the Noodleputz. Luckily, we found the perfect home for them and we were happy when the farm called to let us know our girls were doing great! The second picture is of all our 3 original girls- I had to take one last group shot. :)
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Chicken Update
Our chicks are doing great! We still have all 8 of them growing by the day! Because our number of birds had reached 14, and we are only allowed 6.... we had to think of a way to get rid of some. I have become very attached to all of our girls so, eating them was not an option. Also, I wanted to make sure that they would be taken to a good place, so we found an organic farm here in Vero that would take them. We decided to give away the 3 Bardrock medium chicks, and Noodleputz (one of the big girls). We chose these girls because they were a little off and they weren't as friendly as the chicks. Saying our good bye's were a bit difficult. We had raised the medium chicks and had many adventures with the Noodleputz. Luckily, we found the perfect home for them and we were happy when the farm called to let us know our girls were doing great! The second picture is of all our 3 original girls- I had to take one last group shot. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment